I have surprisingly few pictures, but we trekked across mid-America and made our way to NH the last two days in May! It was a long drive (over 21 hours each way!), but well worth it to see family.

The usual Painchaud pose: I think we get one of these pictures every time we're back east!
Hanging out at Grandma, Grandpa, and Bestemor's
I ran the Worcester marathon while we were back in New England. My little brother Ben decided to run the half too, so we got to run together for the first few miles before the courses split. It was a lot of fun to have someone to do the race with! Of course, the marathon itself was quite painful. I'd forgotten how much so. The first 18-20 miles were beautiful and comfortable. The last 6 were pure hell! Marathon running is not at the top of my list anymore!
Jason took a couple of picture along the course. He opted NOT to take a picture when I was painfully trudging to the finish. Good thought, dear.
I did survive. Hazel didn't know what to make of my condition. She was concerned that I couldn't walk or pick her up...
Playing with cousins is the best part!
And Sturbridge Village with cousins is close to Christmas.
My mom made most of these olden day dresses, so they all wore them. It was hilarious. They were stopped a good 5 or 6 times by school groups asking to take pictures with them. I think they thought they worked there. My mom was in heaven.
A very fun, and very exhausting day!
Thanks, Grandma, for taking us!!
It was a nice visit back east, but I think we'll go later in the summer next year so we have more time with cousins -- oh, and I won't run a marathon while we're there.
No comments:
Post a Comment